Tis the season of gift exchanges, parties where host gifts are required, and wrapping your brain around what to get not only for these events but for the regulars on your Christmas gifting list. I am ALL about girl gifts. Sisters, friends, coworkers.... I think it is selfishly because it is like I am living vicariously through what I am buying for them but hey, it is what it is. It is always my goal each year to think of unique and thoughtful gifts that my friends and family will actually use. I am all about cute monogrammed items and things that are probably something you wouldn't buy for yourself.
Fun fact: This year my sisters and I were featured in the Land's End catalog to showcase our matching monogrammed moccasins from Christmas 2015! Showing off all of the girl gift love!
This year I tried a different approach and started listing cool things that I came across throughout the year so that by time Christmas came I had a unique compilation of ideas. Whether it was something I tried and loved, gotten as a gift and thought it was great, or was dying to try... it went on the list. I know it sounds like I was making a list for myself (maybe, sort of) but my friends and family on the ladies side of things are pretty similar to me as far as taste goes.
I put together this list to hopefully make this last weekend of shopping a bit easier for you! Some of these can be purchased in the store and others online, which I why I wanted to push this post out before it would be to late to get things shipped before Christmas! The other great thing is, they're all under $50! Click the set below to shop my picks.
1. Heartspring Co Lip Balm- Literally my favorite lip balm ever! The new all natural brand was created by Kristina Kelly (you may know her from Bravo's Vanderpump Rules). They are so soothing especially in the cold weather and the fact that they are all natural is a huge win in my book. Get your friend one of these and she will be immediately addicted. Kristina puts all the TLC into these, hand bottling the formulas in her Santa Monica apartment and it really shows in the quality of these!
2. Lyte Planner- For your super organized giftee there is nothing better than a fresh new planner! Some of my favorites are from Lyte Planner which not only are super stylish but have a clean layout that just clicks with how my brain works. OCD that is.
3. Rose Hibiscus Hydrating Face Mist- One of my coworkers had this and after I tried it I became totally obsessed. If you are looking for a pick me up that is both soothing and refreshing AND has a ton of skincare benefits, this has got you covered. This is one of those items that you don't know you need until someone gets it for you.
4. 'Cravings' Serving Board- Sometimes a little something for the home is in order and I can't get over how cute this serving board is. Whether you're using it to serve a delicious cheese plate or just to look beautiful on your dining room table, this gift is a winner.
5. Tarte Clay Matte Eyeshadow Palette- You cannot go wrong with this palette. The colors and matte finish are universally flattering and Tarte's products are approved for sensitive skin. This is another item that you wouldn't necessarily think to buy yourself (I would but that's just me) but once you get it you don't know how you lived without it. You're. Welcome.
6. The Magnolia Story- Chip and Jo #goals. If this book doesn't warm your heart while simultaneously make you want to redo your entire house you are a real Grinch.
7. Modern Mix Faux Fur Throw Blanket- Furry throws are a must for getting cozy and binging on Netflix. This is an affordable version from Target that gives all the comfy with less of the price tag.
8. Fringe Snood- Another cozy winter favorite right here. Not going to lie, Aerie makes a great scarf/snood. Well constructed, trendy, and warm as anything. Your Secret Santa will be thanking you as soon as the temperature drops below 40.
9. Monogrammed Wine Glasses- I really enjoy a good monogrammed home situation. These wine glasses are both useful and will look great in and Instagram picture. #priorities
10. Home for Christmas Lush Giftset- Nothing says treat yo self like a giftset devoted to doing just that. All natural goodness and relaxation is just what everyone wants but doesn't want to splurge on for themselves. Do your friends and family a favor and make them take some time for themselves!
Blonde babe. Maryland native. Crohn's crushing puppy mother to two sweet rescues.
Welcome to my unfiltered commentary on crushing chronic illness in your 20's and everything that goes along with that.