I listen to podcasts all the time, everywhere, no matter what I am doing. Driving to meetings, doing my laundry, walking my dogs, grocery shopping. What better way to enjoy monotonous activities than with the sassy voices of my generation saying a lot of seriously real and funny shit in my ears.
I started with podcasts by listening to a little bit of everything until I settled on the genre I enjoy most. At first for some reason I was under the impression that podcasts were all about self help and bettering your business and TED Talk type of stuff which I am definitely into but for me that isn't really words to fold your laundry to. The first podcast that I stumbled upon that really spoke to me was my number one girl crush Stassi's podcast "Straight Up With Stassi". Someone that talks so openly about relationships, reality TV, and margaritas? Sign me up.
My obsession with podcasts grew and my choice of casts had to expand because the three hours of material that my girl Stas provides is only enough for about a day of driving for me. I branched out to a few others, some I liked, some not so much, and I narrowed it down to my tried and true podcasts that I listen to religiously every week.
I've compiled a list of my favorites below, which I highly recommend for regular listening. Enjoy xx.
1. Straight Up With Stassi- I don't know any description that can do this thing justice. Between the reality TV realness, the honest talk about shitty relationships, and truths about real friendship this podcast has everything a mid twenties lady could ever want to hear about, plus lots of wine and humor. And cool guests (think Vanderpump ladies, and upcoming Emma Roberts). Also, Stassi's sponsors are amazing. I have literally ordered basically everything she advertises. It. Is. A. Problem.
2. The Bitch Bible- Jackie Schimmel is a true gem. Her love for her dog is creepily amazing and her opinions on reality TV are so, so appreciated. I have never heard anyone say 'fuck' so much and I have never heard anyone describe their gastrointestinal issues in such a hilarious way. She is my fucking hero. Bible.
3. The Skinny Confidential Him & Her Podcast- I am in love with their chemistry and back and forth commentary. It makes me feel like my relationship is normal AF. Lauryn's commentary on confidence, health, and beauty are definitely to be taken to heart and her boo's entrepreneurial advice doesn't hurt either. The only way to sum this one up is #goals.
4. Be Here For a While- Rachel O'Brien, Stassi's BFF, has a comedic podcast that I really can't get enough of. Rachel is just so funny in a not "in your face" kind of way. She is just an overall cool girl.
5. Adderall and Compliments- Another friend of the Vanderpump crew, Annabelle is a comedian that hosts and equally as funny podcasts as her counterparts just with a different flare. She grew up with a hot pink tanning bed and matching Hummer. And lives with three cats. Enough said. She is amazing.
6. Heather Dubrow's World- I promise you these are not all Bravo related but Heather's podcast sucked me in, not going to lie. At first I thought it could potentially be too bougie for me but I was quickly proved wrong. Her discussions with assistant Natalie are great and hearing about her mothering experiences have made me see her in a human light separate from the Housewives and champs persona. She has a lot of valuable commentary on life and a ton of great beauty advice.
7. Mostly Mom With Tia Mowry- I'm not a mom but gearing up for motherhood down the road makes me feel like this podcast is a must. Tia is just so real and honest about everything motherhood and life related. Plus she has a great view on body image and some delicious sounding recipes to go along with it. Tia's laugh is also freaking golden.
8. Raw Talk with Sheena Mannina- This is the newest podcast I have been listening too and it may be the one that most speaks to my soul. Sheena and Amberleigh have some real talk about energy healing, good vibes, and aliens. There isn't really anything that I can say to explain this podcast besides just telling you to go listen to it. Basic Witches are what is up.
Let me know which ones ya'll listen to and what your favorites are!
Mental health advocate.
Sharing my raw and real journey through motherhood and navigating Crohn’s Disease. CrohnicallyBlonde is a place where I serve up my unfiltered commentary on chronic illness, mental health, pregnancy, and motherhood alongside lighter lifestyle content like beauty product reviews, travel tips, and book recommendations. My hope is that by authentically sharing my story I can help others going through similar situations not feel so alone and maybe even laugh along with me.