Recently my Cimzia has decided to completely stop working for me which has left me really struggling day to day to do basic things like go to work, go to the grocery store, clean my house..... all of that fun stuff. It hasn't so much been just stomach related issues but my joint and body aches have become, on some days, debilitating. I have tried a bunch of different natural remedies (which there will be a post on) to get me through until my next appointment. We have been toying around with the idea of me switching to Remicade but we were waiting to make the final decision. I think this has been the final straw for me and Cimzia, though. I have heard you have to go through a month detox of one biologic before starting another. I am not looking forward to that but if it can mean better things down the road it is worth it.
During the time that I have been not feeling so hot, Netflix has become my best friend. Usually when I am stuck on the couch I like to work on the blog or work on actual work but at the end of the day and during the weekends I have just been so exhausted and brain foggy that I just need to chill. I always am searching for shows that I haven't seen yet that I can binge watch to make my time under the weather a little more enjoyable so I figured I should share them with you all as well! Considering the nature of chronic illness it is safe to say there will be some situation when you are stuck at home and need something to draw you in and take your mind off of how you are feeling.
I've narrowed it down to my top five recent picks of what to watch right now. Disclaimer before you read, they all aren't necessarily on Netflix, I do have quite a set up between Netflix, Hulu, my Amazon Firestick, my Roku....... a bit excessive, I know.
1. The Fall- If you've ever wanted to be uncomfortably attracted to a serial killer this show if definitely for you. And if that thought has never crossed your mind, well, it is about to. Jamie Dornan absolutely kills it in this British drama series. Gillian Anderson holds her own as well by being a total bad ass. Long story short, I made my way through this series in one weekend and couldn't stop talking about it for basically a month. Before watching this, I really wasn't into the whole Fifty Shades movies thing but this totally changed my opinion. Trust me on this one.
2. UnREAL- As a self admitted reality show junkie seeing things from the other end was surprisingly refreshing and just as dramatic. I just finished Season 2 and I am withdrawing. Definitely binge worthy and full of twists that can keep you drawn in the entire time.
3. This Is Us- I love a good cry and this show freaking does the trick. I especially like this one when I'm busy feeling bad for myself because this quickly puts things into perspective. Mandy Moore is literally such goals in this and I have been a serious Mandy Moore fan since "A Walk to Remember". It also bring back memories of her thrilling performance in "The Princess Diaries". Stupid cupid. Stop picking on me. Please tell me at least one of you got that reference.
4. Leah Remini: Scientology and The Aftermath- If you're looking for some really messed up shit, well, this is for you. This show totally blew my mind and inspired a couple hour obsessive Google dive into Scientology horror stories. It is extremely informative and really gets you thinking. It made me feel productive while I was curled up in bed because, hey, at least my mind was working.
5. General Hospital- Seriously. Don't laugh. I know soap operas have a lame reputation but my mom and I have been watching this together since I was born. Literally since I was born. It's predictable, you still know what is going on even if you dose off half way through an episode, and there is a generous amount of content considering it airs everyday. I'm going to take a guess and say that only maybe 1% of you will actually give this show a try, but let me tell you, you are definitely missing out. Drama, mafia violence, and the most confusing family trees you have ever heard of, how can you not get into this shit.
I hope you all take at least one or two of my recommendations and if you have any recommendations for me I would LOVE to hear from you!
Blonde babe. Maryland native. Crohn's crushing puppy mother to two sweet rescues.