Relaxing is a skill. A skill that I am not very good at. My brain is wired for two things: full speed ahead and sleeping. My capability of "non productive time" is something I have not found they key to tapping into. For example, today I am home with a stomach bug and instead of sleeping and resting... here I am, hey everyone. Per doctor's orders I am working on it... slowly but surely. Everyone needs some time to chill the eff out sometimes and for me that happy place just happens to be with bubble baths.
Not only do bubble baths actually force me to not be running around doing things but they also help to detox the body and reduce aches and pains. Score. During this quest for relaxation I have narrowed down some truly awesome bath products that are the best of the best as well as a few of my other relaxation must haves.
1. Rose Bath Salts- Bath salts in general are amazing. Great detox, awesome for your skin, the smell is armatically relaxing. Basically you can't go wrong. Rose bath salts are my new favorite at the moment.
2. Alex and Ani Candle- Love love love Alex and Ani candles. They burn forever and the smell is perfectly subtle.
3. Lush Bath Bombs- So many to choose from! These are my go to bath bombs but I also like to pick up some other homemade ones from local shops whenever I travel. Eucalyptus is my favorite.
4. Coconut Hydrating Mask- Multitasking while bubble bathing is the best. I always slap on a face mask and sometimes even a hair mask and let it alllll sink in.
5. Adult Coloring Book- Sometimes my brain just will not stop working when I am trying to relax and adult coloring books are one of my favorite ways to keep my mind working but in a relaxing way.
To shop these picks, click the picture above. I have a lot more specific recommendations so feel free to reach out for any other suggestions.
Happy relaxing Crohnies!
Mental health advocate.
Sharing my raw and real journey through motherhood and navigating Crohn’s Disease. CrohnicallyBlonde is a place where I serve up my unfiltered commentary on chronic illness, mental health, pregnancy, and motherhood alongside lighter lifestyle content like beauty product reviews, travel tips, and book recommendations. My hope is that by authentically sharing my story I can help others going through similar situations not feel so alone and maybe even laugh along with me.