MAKEUP MUST HAVES: TRAVEL EDITION
When I was preparing for my vacation I had to dig through my piles of favorite makeup to decide what the tried and true items were that would make the journey with me. I figured it would be a great time for me to share my picks that are absolute must haves of the moment that I literally couldn't leave home without. I've tried a plethora of different products and over time I have realized what is worth the investment and what items you can go drugstore brand or store brand on. Recently I have really fallen in love with a lot of the Sephora brand products. It started with their foundations which I realized do well even with my sensitive skin and then I branched off from there, so that's why you are seeing so much of that! All products can actually be found at Sephora or Sephora.com besides the bag which was a hilarious Nordstrom Rack find via Matt. I can't make any promises about the smaller sizes being online or in store because I got them from special edition kits and such but the full sizes should be readily available.
1. Sephora Perfection Mist Airbrush Foundation- At only $28 per bottle this stuff is a STEAL. It has a buildable coverage that looks insanely natural and lasts, not kidding, all day. Honestly, I had wanted to try this for a while because I love airbrush foundations but the price tags on some higher end brand formulas were not so appealing. I thought that a lower price tag meant lower quality but on this product I have not felt that to be the case. I heard Stassi raving about it on her podcast so I took the plunge and here we are. I'm obsessed.
2. Kat Von D Lock It Hydrating Primer- This is a newer find of mine that I really am loving. I wanted a primer that was smoothing but a lot of the "blur" ones I came across are too drying and my foundation didn't set right over them. This primer is the best of both worlds because it has a blur effect but is still hydrating.
3. Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Liquid Highligher in Moonstone- Under the brows, on the checks, on the eyelids. This stuff can go anywhere and I love it. Its a perfect highlighter because it isn't too shimmery and the finish is creamy not sticky. I use it mainly as a highlighter but also as a cream shadow if I am in a pinch or just want a natural glow. The Moonstone is my favorite because the gold tone makes me feel a little summery.
4. Sephora Bright Set Pressed Finishing Powder- This formula is both mattifying and brightening, meanwhile still delivery a blending effect to finish a look off. This is a triple threat that I cannot get enough of AND it is at a perfect price of $16. Spoiler Alert: The formula doesn't even upset my sensitive skin. Thank you Sephora!
5. Sephora Collection Bronzer Powder in Los Cabos- This is described as a "matte universal tan" and it is just that! I am obsessed with the color, finish, and staying power of this formula. For contouring purposes, layering over cream contour formulas, and an overall glow this bronzer is amazing. Dare I say.... this bronzer seems comparable to NARS Laguna..... Yup....I SAID IT.
6. Tarteist Lash Paint Mascara- Volumizing, lengthening, and packing a serious punch with pigment, this mascara is the bomb. The gentle formula doesn't irritate my eyes which is something that I often struggle with (hence why I love using Tarte mascara)! Not going to lie, this mascara is the closest I have gotten to "falsies" without actually applying fake lashes. Proof: Even Matt was fooled. He tried to pull my lashes mid Starbucks visit in the airport asking me why I was wearing fake lashes already (aka who was I trying to look good for hahah). When I screamed "owch those are freakin real!!!!) I think he got the point. You should too.
7. Sephora Collection Brow Thickener in Blonde- This is an easy way to add some amp to your brows in an effortless way. I also like the brow pencil from the Sephora Collection!
8. Ardency Inn Modster Liner- The finish is matte black which is very comparable to Perversion by Urban Decay. The staying power is also great and even lasted through 24 hours straight of traveling. I love layering this as my last step after false lashes because it gives such a sexy, thickening effect!
9. Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Roller Ball- This perfume has been a long time favorite of mine. The crisp, fresh smell makes it perfect for any occasion which means it is a must have for your travel bag or purse. I also find that it blends well if I have some other fragrant product on either in my hair or on my body. Since it doesn't conflict, I don't have to worry.
10. A sassy bag- Enough said.
Leave a Reply.
Mental health advocate.
Sharing my raw and real journey through motherhood and navigating Crohn’s Disease. CrohnicallyBlonde is a place where I serve up my unfiltered commentary on chronic illness, mental health, pregnancy, and motherhood alongside lighter lifestyle content like beauty product reviews, travel tips, and book recommendations. My hope is that by authentically sharing my story I can help others going through similar situations not feel so alone and maybe even laugh along with me.
For collaborations and features:
To reach me directly:
© COPYRIGHT 2023 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.