When I was preparing for my vacation I had to dig through my piles of favorite makeup to decide what the tried and true items were that would make the journey with me. I figured it would be a great time for me to share my picks that are absolute must haves of the moment that I literally couldn't leave home without. I've tried a plethora of different products and over time I have realized what is worth the investment and what items you can go drugstore brand or store brand on. Recently I have really fallen in love with a lot of the Sephora brand products. It started with their foundations which I realized do well even with my sensitive skin and then I branched off from there, so that's why you are seeing so much of that! All products can actually be found at Sephora or Sephora.com besides the bag which was a hilarious Nordstrom Rack find via Matt. I can't make any promises about the smaller sizes being online or in store because I got them from special edition kits and such but the full sizes should be readily available.
1. Sephora Perfection Mist Airbrush Foundation- At only $28 per bottle this stuff is a STEAL. It has a buildable coverage that looks insanely natural and lasts, not kidding, all day. Honestly, I had wanted to try this for a while because I love airbrush foundations but the price tags on some higher end brand formulas were not so appealing. I thought that a lower price tag meant lower quality but on this product I have not felt that to be the case. I heard Stassi raving about it on her podcast so I took the plunge and here we are. I'm obsessed.
2. Kat Von D Lock It Hydrating Primer- This is a newer find of mine that I really am loving. I wanted a primer that was smoothing but a lot of the "blur" ones I came across are too drying and my foundation didn't set right over them. This primer is the best of both worlds because it has a blur effect but is still hydrating.
3. Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Liquid Highligher in Moonstone- Under the brows, on the checks, on the eyelids. This stuff can go anywhere and I love it. Its a perfect highlighter because it isn't too shimmery and the finish is creamy not sticky. I use it mainly as a highlighter but also as a cream shadow if I am in a pinch or just want a natural glow. The Moonstone is my favorite because the gold tone makes me feel a little summery.
4. Sephora Bright Set Pressed Finishing Powder- This formula is both mattifying and brightening, meanwhile still delivery a blending effect to finish a look off. This is a triple threat that I cannot get enough of AND it is at a perfect price of $16. Spoiler Alert: The formula doesn't even upset my sensitive skin. Thank you Sephora!
5. Sephora Collection Bronzer Powder in Los Cabos- This is described as a "matte universal tan" and it is just that! I am obsessed with the color, finish, and staying power of this formula. For contouring purposes, layering over cream contour formulas, and an overall glow this bronzer is amazing. Dare I say.... this bronzer seems comparable to NARS Laguna..... Yup....I SAID IT.
6. Tarteist Lash Paint Mascara- Volumizing, lengthening, and packing a serious punch with pigment, this mascara is the bomb. The gentle formula doesn't irritate my eyes which is something that I often struggle with (hence why I love using Tarte mascara)! Not going to lie, this mascara is the closest I have gotten to "falsies" without actually applying fake lashes. Proof: Even Matt was fooled. He tried to pull my lashes mid Starbucks visit in the airport asking me why I was wearing fake lashes already (aka who was I trying to look good for hahah). When I screamed "owch those are freakin real!!!!) I think he got the point. You should too.
7. Sephora Collection Brow Thickener in Blonde- This is an easy way to add some amp to your brows in an effortless way. I also like the brow pencil from the Sephora Collection!
8. Ardency Inn Modster Liner- The finish is matte black which is very comparable to Perversion by Urban Decay. The staying power is also great and even lasted through 24 hours straight of traveling. I love layering this as my last step after false lashes because it gives such a sexy, thickening effect!
9. Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Roller Ball- This perfume has been a long time favorite of mine. The crisp, fresh smell makes it perfect for any occasion which means it is a must have for your travel bag or purse. I also find that it blends well if I have some other fragrant product on either in my hair or on my body. Since it doesn't conflict, I don't have to worry.
10. A sassy bag- Enough said.
Blonde babe. Maryland native. Crohn's crushing puppy mother to two sweet rescues.