Just a few of my favorite things! With May right around the corner I wanted to do a round up of things I have been loving this past month. I've always loved reading posts like these on the blogs that I follow. I like to think they give a cool insight into what the "vibe" of that person's life has been like lately and also they are a great way to pick up some ideas of things to implement into my own life or routine. I will try and get into a habit or doing these posts each month and I would love to hear ya'll's feedback on what you like/have tried/are into right now as well! Enjoy!
1. Fresh Tulips- I have been absolutely loving having fresh tulips in the house this spring. Every week or so I have been trying to pick up some fresh blooms from our local Wegmans. They are only $6 for a simple bouquet and add some charm to my dining room. Recently I've been going to lavender and purple hued ones. I've also been reading a lot about starting a thriving garden of my own. A couple weeks ago we planted some tomatoes, herbs, and hibiscuses in the backyard and I definitely have plans to add some more blooms to my outdoor collection.
2. Pineapple Decor- Call me basic, but I am loving pineapple themed decor items. Between pineapple statues, candles, notebooks, and even adorable straws, pineapples are completely taking over my home. I've been using them to add more of a summery feel to the decorations I already have throughout my home. I've seen a ton of cute pineapple decor at Target but my favorite place that I've been able to pick up some home accessories lately is TJ Maxx! They have a ton of great items that are a fraction of the price of other stores. It definitely takes a bit of hunting but it is completely worth it for the steals you can find.
3. Murad Intensive C Radiance Peel- I love a good peel. And I have been all about glowing, radiant skin since the weather has been getting warmer. I usually like to do a peel or an intense exfoliating situation at least once per week. I like to do them right before my spray tan days so that I can start with a fresh face. I also like to use either a really heavy moisturizer or a moisturizing mask a couple of times per week as well to keep my skin looking full. Murad's Radiance Peel is one of my favorites right now because it leaves your skin feel super squeaky clean and renewed but isn't to harsh. I also really like to put a little bit on the backs of my hands as well. Hands are something that so many people forget to consistently take care of. They are one of the places on your body that really show age if you don't treat them well! Overall, I love everything that I have ever used from Murad and this product is no different. I also recommend grabbing one of their trial kits that have samples of usually four of their products that you can try and see how you like them.
4. The Lady Gang Podcast- If you want to feel like you are hanging out with three of your best friends, this podcast is for you. I am a podcast fanatic and I am always looking for ones to add to my weekly list. The Lady Gang makes me laugh until I cry and are so relatable they make me feel like the crazy weird things that are happening in my life are completely normal. They're always a fun start to my mornings to listen to while I get ready and on my way to work and I literally feel like I know their personal lives better than I know my best friend's.
5. The Art of Southern Charm- Patricia is literally my definition of goals right now. I devoured this book in one weekend and was actually taking notes of things I need to implement into my own life. I loved the book because it gave me a totally new perspective on her by hearing about her whole life story. I also loved the advice that she gave on life in general. It is a quick read and I definitely recommend it. Whether you are a Southern Charm fan or not, it is a great read for any woman who is interested in classing things up a little.
6. humm Kombucha- I have been all about the booch. I am currently still in the process of brewing my own and trying to discover some different flavor combinations. Usually I drink G.T. brand but the other day my mom brought over some humm kombucha and I fell in love. The flavors are so refreshing and are definitely providing me with some inspiration for flavor ideas for my own batch.
I hope this provided some inspiration for things to try! Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback on these!
Blonde babe. Maryland native. Crohn's crushing puppy mother to two sweet rescues.
Welcome to my unfiltered commentary on crushing chronic illness in your 20's and everything that goes along with that.