Subscribe to be the first to hear about new content from Crohnically Blonde.
Happy Monday everyone! Today I am mixing things up because The Brunette Blend tagged me in a cool "How Well Do You Know Me" challenge. The gist is, I answer the 11 questions that she created, create 11 new questions, and tag 11 more bloggers to answer those questions. The trail continues on and on. I think this is such a cool way to connect bloggers and introduce readers to other bloggers with similar taste! This also really reminds me of the quizzes that everyone would post on their MySpace pages #throwback. Please tell me that someone else remembers that....
Here goes nothing!
1. Let’s get this out of the way ASAP. *N Y S Y N C or Backstreet Boys?
Ugh, wait... why is this question so hard. I was a Backstreet Boys girl through and through but I do have to say I love me some JT.
2. Has your blog changed directions since you started?
I actually started my blog during my freshman year of college with a totally different direction. I started off as mainly a beauty/ lifestyle blog because I was in makeup sales throughout college. I went on a hiatus for a bit and came back with Crohnically Blonde which is a concept I am absolutely in love with. I still incorporate a lot of beauty and fashion but that isn't my main focus.
3. Who inspires you to be better?
I know this sounds corny but my boyfriend Matt really inspires me. I see how hard he works to provide for our family and allow us to live great lives. He supports me 110% in my full time job and with all of my blog goals as well. He gives me genuine feedback and always has my best interest at heart. He not only encourages me to be great in my career but also in my personal life. He encourages me to slow down and enjoy the little things, especially our family.
4. What is one thing you couldn’t live without?
My Day Designer. I swear this thing keeps me sane. No matter how much I try and integrate my plans into my phone/Outlook calendar I HAVE to write things down. Whether it is appointments or a "to do list" I can't resist crossing things off in my planner once I complete a task.
5. What is your social media platform of choice?
6. What is the first thing you do in the morning?
Pet both of my dogs and give them a kiss. Usually Charleston sleeps above my head and Rhaegar is near my feet. It just sets the tone of my morning giving the pups a little love.
7. What have you learned from blogging?
I've learned the power of sharing your story. I never realized how impactful the things that have shaped me in my life can be to others. Never be afraid to share.
8. What was the last photo you took?
My mail from The Skinny Confidential <3
9. What movie do you quote on a regular basis?
Not a movie but usually Vanderpump Rules. I'm the devil and don't you forget it.
10. What is one of your beauty tips or hacks?
I'm going to do a blog post on this but I use CBD oil on my face for anti-aging/moisturizing benefits. I have a roll on that I originally was using for my jaw pain at night but when I started to realize the skin where I was applying it was smoother and clearer than the rest of my face I realized I was onto something. I use it all over my face every couple of nights and put it on breakouts too. This works especially well to prevent over drying from acne treatments. Here's the scoop -- I use this face mask (its really great for cystic acne too!). I usually leave it on overnight which you aren't supposed to do and can be a bit drying but it definitely does the job of clearing things up. I follow it up with some topical CBD oil which is moisturizing and has healing benefits. Seriously guys, you must try.
11. What are the three things that ALWAYS make it into your grocery cart?
Sparkling water, avocados, Halo Top (Birthday Cake flavor)
Annie from The Californienne
Raquel from Sincerely Nourished
Melissa from Simply Meli
Shannon from Sunny Coastlines
Julianna from Barre to Table
Sam from The Salty Twig
Michelle from Millennial Mom Life Crisis
Amanda from Cashmere And Jeans
Shelly from Arizona Girl
Hannah from Blissfully Brunette
Amanda from Fashion to Follow
My 11 questions are....
1. What is one beauty product you can't live without?
2. What inspired you to start your blogging journey?
3. What is your favorite blog post that you have ever done? Make sure to link to it!
4. What was the last book you read?
5. What is your go to brunch order?
6. What is your guilty pleasure TV show?
7. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
8. What is your favorite movie ever?
9. What is the biggest take away that you have learned from blogging?
10. What motivates you when you are having a bad day?
11. What is one word or phrase that you use way to much but just can't stop?
Blonde babe. Maryland native. Crohn's crushing puppy mother to two sweet rescues.